Friday, May 30, 2014

Focus On the Positive

This was the best week of my mission!!! We are seeing incredible miracles DAILY! At the start of this transfer our mission president issued the challenge for each companionship to have a baptism in this 6 week transfer period. Already our zone has had 3 baptism and some really awesome finding stories. Let me share a few:

Dameyon and Desmond were baptized on Saturday which was the most amazing baptism I've witnessed. At the end of the service they both had the opportunity to share their testimony. Dameyon shared how there were so many things that were uncoincidental that led to us meeting him and him accepting the gospel at this time in his life. His father recently passed away and that was devastating to him. The lessons and church have brought peace back into his life. Desmond testified that the first time he met us he felt something that he couldn't describe. Over the weeks he's come to recognize that it was God's love that he was feeling and he hadn't felt that before. He feels lighter and feels joy now, something he hasn't felt in a very long time.

One of the sister missionary companionships in our zone have been teaching a man who has been taught for the past 2 years and won't commit to being baptized. He was planning on leaving town for the summer in two weeks but the other day during a lesson he told them that church is more important than his summer job opportunity and he wants to be baptized!!

Two weeks ago me and Elder Hyer gave a priesthood blessing to a young boy who had rashes erupt all over his body causing pain and doctors couldn't figure out what was going on. We stopped by a week later after the blessing and there wasn't even a trace of the rashes left. That was a very powerful experience for us to see the power of the priesthood!

I'm learning so much every day. One of the lessons I'm learning is to focus on the positive. There is so much negative. BUT there is more goodness in this world.. Gordon B. Hinckley said, "I have seen much of ugliness in this world. Most of it is the work of man. But I think I have seen much more of beauty. I marvel at the majestic works of the Creator. How magnificent they are. And they are all the work of the Son of God." How true that is! Light always overcomes darkness. In our personal lives it is our decision to allow darkness to creep in our to allow Christ to erase it with his light.

I pray that all who read this will allow Christ to erase the sadness with his joy. You do that by living the commandments and by living the principle of faith. Having faith is an active characteristic. It is something you demonstrate.

I love you all so much! I'm having the greatest time of my life!!! I hope you all are too!

Love Elder Janis 

 Pictures!


1: Group picture with some members that helped in the teaching!

2: Elder Janis, Desmond, Dameyon, Elder Hyer

3: Desmond!


No comments:

Post a Comment