Monday, July 21, 2014

I Was Sent To Arizona To Find Him

This was a remarkable week! We saw so many blessings! The greatest blessing of the week was being able to baptize a man that's nick-named Moose. He's an AWESOME guy. Me and him have created a special bond and I know I was sent to Arizona to find him! We have been teaching him for about 2 months. When he was 19 (10 years ago) he took the lessons and couldn't quit some addictions. For the next 10 years he led a very worldly life and acted on any temptation that came his way. 

About 4 months ago he went through a really tough break up and hit rock bottom. He decided it was time to start listening to his heart which scared him because he had never had the will power to listen to his heart before. The lessons helped him build faith in himself and in his savior. Through attending church he was able to feel the spirit and feel loved. Finally he was able to throw his addictions behind him and get baptized. The light that always comes into the eyes of new converts stands as a testimony to the freedom from guilt he now feels. 

Tonight he will be going with us as a member present to teach others how to gain a testimony of the truth of this church. It reminds me of the words in Luke when Christ says to his senior apostle Peter, "when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." That lays our purpose out very simply. If we aren't converted then that should be the goal we are working towards. If we are converted, we should be strengthening all around us.

I apologize my letter is so short today! I wish all of you could spend a week out here doing what I get to do with me so you could see first hand all the miracles and blessings God is pouring down on us!! I know I'm doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons and for the right people and that makes me very, very happy :)

I love you all!

Love Elder Janis


No comments:

Post a Comment