Thursday, February 6, 2014

I've Changed and I'm Glad I'm Changing

This was by far one of the best weeks of my mission! Our good man E was finally baptized this week! I'll send pics in another email. He was VERY excited to be baptized and definitely jumped in with both feet. He bore his testimony after the baptism and shared with us how deeply the gospel has changed his life in the last 4 weeks. It's hard for him to comprehend where he was before and he's so grateful to God to have been given a second chance. It strengthened my testimony of the power the gospel has to change someones life even in such a short amount of time.

Elder Jolley and I had the unique privilege of going out of our area to watch the baptism of a man Elder Caldwell and I street contacted about 6 months ago and began teaching. After I left the area, this man dropped the missionaries for a few months and recently picked back up and made the decision to be baptized. He too is a changed man.

Our work has dramatically increased in the last two days. We had an entire family come with us to church this week which was one of the most exciting experiences of my mission! Also one of our Laurels brought a friend to church that wants to start taking the lessons and she seems very anxious to learn everything she can! This morning during personal study our phone rang and there was a guy on the phone asking if we were missionaries that could teach him the lessons. The Lord is hastening his work!!!! There is so much interest in the gospel right now. Everyone has questions. my advice to members who want to be involved would be to let your light shine. Be an example and let people know you're a member of this magnificent church and you hold it's teachings and doctrines very important to you. Be someone people will come to with their questions.

My testimony is so strong. I have had too many experiences with the spirit over the course of my life to ever be able to deny the reality of the restoration of Christ's church. I testify as a personal witness that God loves you. He is real and this is His work. I told Dad in my email that I've changed and I'm glad I'm changing. I've never been happier or more full of life and purpose. I think it's because I'm serving other people and living the gospel of faith, repentance, and renewing my covenants each week by partaking of the sacrament.

I love you all!

Love Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment