Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Amen?"

November 10, 2014 Letter

I had an awesome week!! I got my new companion. His name is Elder Maughan from Rigby Idaho. He's been out for one transfer longer than me so he only has 2 transfers left after this one. Crazy how time flies! I am loving serving with him. He's such a good teacher and is very focused. He's really good at planning and setting goals and I'm learning a ton from him.

Last Monday night we went back to that southern baptist bible group. They let us take 20 minutes to preach and we talked about Peter's conversion. In Matthew 16 Peter testifies that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God." But at the end of Christ's life he denied him 3 times. It wasn't until Jesus came back and rebuked Peter for going back to fishing that he was finally converted. The group loved it and we had a really good relationship building experience from that. The lady who then did a sermon was so funny! At the end of every sentence she would said, "amen?" kind of like how Canadians say, "eh?". Hahaha.. At the end of the bible group we all held hands in a circle and the preacher prayed for 10 minutes straight practically yelling her praises to "Father God". Here's an example: "We just want to thank you Father God for your goodness.. For your spirit Father God. You are awesome Father God. We worship you Father God, we are your humble servants Father God...". I It was different :)

I hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment