Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Moose


This week was AWESOME. Hands down AWESOME. Let me start with one of the top 3 sweetest experiences I've had so far on my mission which happened last night!

Every month our mission president holds a Mission President Fireside and invites all the missionaries within reasonable distance to bring investigators, less actives, and recent converts to listen to two recent converts share their story and hear a message from President Toone. We brought a man we just started teaching this last week who goes by "Moose" but that isn't his real name. He's been through a lot in his life and feels like he can't get baptized because he isn't worthy or good enough. The two converts who spoke last night had the exact same concerns and shared what the atonement meant to them and helped them change. One of the converts was an ex hell's angel biker!! Moose was very affected and is ready to change. After the closing prayer a young man tapped me on the shoulder and low and behold it was a young man named O that I had found and started teaching while I was with Elder Jolley in Chandler!! After Elder Jolley and I had been whitewashed out, O fell through the cracks and never got baptized. All contact was lost and I honestly felt like that transfer I hadn't accomplished anything because all our work in that area was burned out by the new missionaries. Well O GOT BAPTIZED just last saturday! To me that was one of the biggest miracles I've seen on my mission. I can't describe the love we feel towards the people that we teach and to hear him share his testimony and talk about the change that is happening in him trumps all other experiences I've ever had. WOW.

Also this week T was baptized!!! It was an amazing baptism! Now the whole family has joined the church and is on fire! Her husband D was baptized 3 weeks ago with her brother D and they're all preparing to go to the temple to be sealed in a year from now! The ward has really reached out to them to make them feel welcome and I'm confident they will stay active and strong. I love that family so much.

The miracles continue to come. Some people don't believe in miracles. I do. I have seen things that go way beyond anything Elder Janis could have done.

I love you all and wish you another wonderful week!

Love Elder Janis 

Pictures:

The family!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment