Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I mentioned that everything was amazing and there wasn't really any specific reason except for just being a missionary. I feel like that's really why everything is amazing. Being a missionary gives me the opportunity to share the most special knowledge with God's children and teach them how to attain the celestial kingdom. I'm all about my purpose as a missionary. There's no greater purpose. We don't have to be full time missionaries to experience these blessings though!

I had the saddest experience of my mission so far this week. Brother Sargent decided that he doesn't want to commit to coming to church or investigating anymore and it breaks my heart. It was kind of a surreal experience for me. After he and Elder Wilcox battled about it for awhile and finished, I felt the spirit come over me very strongly and I bore my testimony of the restoration of Christ's gospel in a simple way. The spirit made it more powerful than any testimony I've ever borne. I hope it touched brother Sargent but he still is deciding to stay where he's at. There's no way he didn't feel that spirit though.

Transfers are this Wednesday and we got transfer calls from our incredible mission president (President Toone) last night. Elder Wilcox is transferring out of Chandler to train somewhere else and I'm staying in the 3 pleasant wards to train a new missionary. I'm SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy's going to be my best friend and he's going to be the best missionary Arizona has ever seen. We're going to baptize Chandler with water and fire.

Transfer call night was super fun, we got in at 8:00pm to conduct my final training hour (every new missionary spends an extra hour each day training for the first 3 months) before the other Elders got home. I've been waking up this past week at 6:00am to do a half hour of cardio with the spanish elders before weight lifting so I can help them achieve their work out goals. I've been helping them plan their diets and workouts and it's been super fun :) So last night we had our cheat night and Elder Johnson pulled out a pound of cookie dough, I pulled out pringles, and Elder Diaz had some Argentina cookies. We get along really great and we've grown a lot together.

I'm learning and changing and growing so much. So much happens in a week. This past transfer I've learned a lot about myself. I'm not a very patient person. I'm also not very humble, I don't like listening to people in authority. So many things I get the opportunity to root out of myself in the mission field.

The mission is the best. I love you all.

Love Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment