Monday, July 1, 2013

We Sweat a Lot

I feel like I don't give you guys enough details of the day to day events of my mission! At the beginning of this transfer I came into Elder Wilcox's 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment and so did the Spanish elders. So for the last week and a half we've been sharing one room and one bathroom. I'll upload a pic of how we maneuvered the beds to all fit in the one room :D Anyways, we've finally moved to a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in the same complex so we have a lot more room now. It was cramped but not too bad. The bathroom was the worst part!

Something interesting about my mission is we hardly ever tract. Our random contacts come from street contacting people. We aim for 20 a day. 

We sweat a lot. I'll upload a pic of me licking my arm from the other day. It was 118 degrees and for whatever reason no one was home or answering so we spent most of the day biking from appointment to appointment and every one of them fell through. It was okay though cause we ended up biking a total of 18 miles which is a new record! (I keep a record page in my journal for things like most miles biked in a day, most lessons taught in a day, most street contacts in a day...) I don't know if it's actually my record but my companion got a tracker for miles so I know how much we do now.

Members make good food.. But mom, I miss your cooking a ton!!!! I especially miss your lasagna!

Elder Wilcox is hilarious. We laugh a lot. He sings a lot too. I join him in song and it makes the hot days easy. We have now started singing christmas songs as we bike along in the blazing heat just for kicks. While it was 118 out we were singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". If anyone heard us, I hope they got as much of a kick out of it as we did :D

The days are long but the weeks are short. My mission is starting to fly by! I'm already past two months and I'll be finishing my greenie training at the end of this transfer!

When your faith is tried, it will either break or grow stronger. Pray with all your strength to make it through your trials and you will come out so grateful for the trial because of how it changed you.

I love you all so much. I feel supported by all of your prayers. Thank you.

caption for the picture of me licking my arm: "mmmm salty"

 


No comments:

Post a Comment