Sunday, December 21, 2014

A 50 billion Year Old Knat

Sent on November 24, 2014

Well another week has come and gone! Here's the update:

There's this cool black family we started teaching this week and they have a garden. They grow watermelons. :D I include that only because it's another indicator I like to point out to Dad how Watermelons, Kool-aid, and chicken are big time favorites. Are you convinced yet?? :) This other guy we talked to this week called New Testament Peter an atheist for denying christ 3 times. That escalated quickly!! He also boldly rebuked the Darwin theory of evolution: "Sure there are some pretty hairy humans who haven't made the jump to light speed yet and there are some monkey's that look a lot like some people I know.. But don't tell me I evolved from monkey's! If a gnat was born 50 billion years ago then today it would still be a gnat. It would be a 50 billion year old gnat but it would be a gnat." Ahhhhhh priceless mission memories... :)

All in all it was somewhat of a discouraging week because a lot of our investigators were sick and some of the people we've been helping prepare for baptismal dates didn't come to church. Regardless of the challenges, there was SO MUCH to be grateful for this week! In fact the challenges themselves are a huge blessing! And applying President Uchtdorf's council about being grateful in our circumstances, I can be grateful knowing I've made covenants with God that will bless me in the areas that truly matter. I love the gospel!! This is truly God's church! I am a witness.

Love Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment