Monday, September 29, 2014

We Got Permission To Use a Guitar and Write Lyrics

September 22, 2014

Our mission came together as a whole twice this week! The last time we were all together was for Christmas last year! On Friday our mission president had everyone come in for a special training by him on things he's been trained on lately by the apostles at mission president seminars. VERY POWERFUL. Then, on Saturday, Elder D. Todd Christofferson asked to be with just our mission for two hours along with Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge who wrote the talk on becoming the fourth missionary and Bishop Dean M. Davies 2nd counselor in the presiding bishopric. Needless to say it was a VERY spiritual meeting. I would have to say it was the spiritual highlight of my mission. Before the meeting started, the brethren wanted to shake everyone's hand. That was neat! Bishop Davies then spoke about letting our light shine and not getting the D.I.M.S (Discouraged, Idle, Murmur, Sin.) Elder Corbridge talked about how the greatest human condition is to have the spirit with us at all times. This is available to everyone. The worst condition is to be separated from god. It is the most common human condition. The human universal need is for a savior. During the meeting I had very powerful memories brought back to my mind of events on my mission that have led me to where I am right now and it was a witness that God is intimately involved in my life. Literally everything that has happened to me that involves my mission was the right place, the right time, with the right people. I am very aware of my relationship with Heavenly Father and know that I am a son of god. I know this not because someone stated these facts but because the spirit showed this to me. So have the patience through the hard times and know that God really is directing your path.

At the meeting on Friday I had approval to play a song to our housing coordinators who are finishing their mission here earlier than expected due to an unexpected health issue. When Elder Diaz and I found out we took it upon ourselves to write a thank you song to them and we got permission to use a guitar and write lyrics. We picked the tune from the song Time of Your Life by Greenday. Here are the lyrics!:

Oh dear Davenports this's not our last goodbye,
You've been a blessing and we want to tell you why.
Nobody else knows how to treat bed bugs,
After the mission we will give you lots of hugs.

Chorus: There are things unpredictable but in the end are right,
we hope you have the time of your lives.

There're many memories that still are in our minds.
You taught us how to clean and make the apartments shine.
Just let us tell you that there's someone who'll be glad,
you're going to meet her when we finally come back.

Chorus

We will miss you two doing cleaning checks.
We want to apologize for all the things we've wrecked.
You are our hero's and it's very hard to show
how we all love you more than you could even know.

We had everyone sing this last verse with us: Oh dear Davenports this is not our last goodbye.
We love you so much and you know we couldn't lie.
We want to thank you for the service you have done,
the hearts of all of us you certainly have won.

The Arizona Tempe Mission wants to thank you now,
with you we've had the time of our lives.

Everyone loved it and it was really special for the davenports. I'll see if I can send the video!

Oh, transfers are this week. I got called to be a zone leader again so I'll be leaving. I'm really sad to leave, this was the best transfer of my mission.

I will have to write the rest of my week in a letter!

I love you so much!! Have a great week!!!

PS: Transfer news just changed! I'm going to be staying in my area but I'll be a zone leader and elder glencoe is leaving! Now I don't know what the heck is going on! I won't know until thursday who my new companion is!

The iPad will only let me send parts of the video at a time!
(If you can't see the videos on the email, go to  Elder T. Janis to see it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment